Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ginger Bowen

Introducing Ginger Bowen, featured artist, American Women Artists signature member.


Ginger Bowen


ARTIST’S STATEMENT


My still life paintings are all about color! I choose objects because of their shape and color and how they look next to one another, not necessarily because of what they are. Even though my paintings are extremely realistic I paint them in an abstract manner. They are just spots of color which when put next to each other end up being very realistic. I usually make a subtle political or emotional statement with each painting when I title it and try to put a smile on the face of the viewer. To me there is so much pain and sadness in the world, if I can make people smile if only for a moment with my painting then it is a success.

I equally love the landscape and being out doors with the lights, shadows and all the colors. My goal is to put on the canvas the passion I feel about what I see out in the world, especially the diminishing landscape close to cities. These are areas that folks are familiar with and I want to catch them before they are gone. Hopefully people will feel a little of the love for the land that I feel when they see my paintings. I also love painting architecture, the way the light hits the building and the shadows fall. I want people to see in my paintings the beauty of the buildings they may walk by every day and might never even notice. As with my still life paintings, I hope to evoke a smile or feeling of calm for my viewer.



Ginger Bowen
3633 E. Old Adobe Lane
Paradise Valley, AZ 85253
602-667-5859
http://www.gingerbowen.com/
gbowen7@cox.net

No comments: